Many homeowners are always looking for ways to increase the value of their property. One of the easiest and most effective ways to do so is by enhancing your outdoor space. Not only will these improvements boost your home's curb appeal, but they can also provide a significant return on investment (ROI) when it's time to sell.
So without further ado, let's dive into the top five ROI landscape additions that can add value to your home:
- Deck or patio- Outdoor living spaces are all the rage these days, and for good reason. Adding a deck or patio is a fantastic way to create an inviting space for entertaining guests or simply relaxing with family. Plus, a well designed deck or patio can increase your home's living space and provide an excellent ROI.
- Trees- Not only do trees add visual interest to your property, but they can also provide valuable shade and help reduce energy bills. Mature trees can even increase your property value by up to 20%. Just be sure to choose the right type of tree and plant them a safe distance from your house and walkways.
- Sprinkler system- Maintaining a lush green lawn can be a time consuming and expensive task. A sprinkler system can help you save time and water, while also ensuring your lawn stays healthy and vibrant. A sprinkler system is an excellent investment for homeowners looking to improve their property vale and lower their monthly water bill.
- Paver walkway- A beautiful and functional addition to any home, a paver walkway can elevate your home's curb appeal and make a lasting impression on potential buyers. Plus, paver walkways are durable and low maintenance, meaning you won't have to worry about costly repairs or upkeep.
- Outdoor lighting- Adding outdoor lighting is a simple yet effective way to make your property look stunning day or night. Outdoor lighting not only enhances your home's visual appeal but also provides an added layer of security. From subtle accent lights to grand spotlights, there are many options available to suit your style and budget.
While these five ROI landscape additions can provide significant value to your home, there are a few landscape additions that may not be the best investment:
- Planting the wrong type of tree too close to your home or walkway can cause problems in the long run, such as clogged gutters or damage to your foundation.
- While koi ponds and waterfalls can be beautiful and relaxing, they may not add much value to your property. These features can also be costly to install and maintain, making them less desirable investments for homeowners.
As professional local Realtors, we're here to help you make informed decisions when it comes to improving your property value. By adding one or more of these five ROI landscape additions, you'll be well on your way to creating an outdoor space that will not only impress your guests but also provide a significant return on investment.
*Data Source: 2023 Remodeling Impact Report: Outdoor Features, National Association of Realtors